Please note that the links to the old version of this notebook have been taken down. I have re-written it with new material and in a better format.
I also added a SECOND WORKBOOK on the Names of Allah.
Both of them will be FREE to download SOON (insha’Allah!) from my new blog www.salamhomeschooling.com
In an attempt not to let it creep up on us, I started thinking about Ramadaan. As usual, I plan for it to be our yearly break from formal homeschooling insha’Allah, but with some sort of Islamic activity for the boys.
Masha’Allah, I have a 9 year old who loves learning (but hates writing) and a 5 year old who cannot sit down for more than 3 minutes at a time but would be terribly offended if I didn’t plan something for him to do too…. so I thought: meaningful & simple.
I am working on a little workbook on the Names of Allah, something that both boys can do to their level, insha’Allah. They will be given a page each day (in the usual Ramadaan mailbox, they don’t want to let go of it!).
My sources are:
- The Beautiful Names of Allah (derived from the explanation of al-Qawaid al-Muthla by Shaykh Uthaymeen raheemahullah) – this is a children’s book taken from this one below:
- Exemplary Principle concerning the beautiful Names and Attributes of Allah (Shaykh Uthaymeen – raheemahullah – everybody should read this masha’Allah)
- The Knowing Allah website, endorsed by shaykh Hasan al-Banna hafeedhahullah.
Each page focuses on one of the Names of Allah (I chose 30 of those I found easier to understand and explain) and will include:
- The Name of Allah in Arabic with some Arabic writing practice
- The short translation of the meaning of the Name
- An absolutely minimal explanation of the Name.
- An exercise to find the shaahid (proof) of it being a Name of Allah in the relative ayah of the Qur’an (which they will be required to copy out in English translation too).
- A small space for reflection on how to implement belief in that Name of Allah in their life.
- Title, banner, and little things that can be coloured if the child is in the mood to do colouring (but not so much that it looks incomplete if left in black & white!)
No frills, as usual. Because I can’t and I don’t have time to learn right now .
Here is what it will look like:
Alhamdulillah, I am posting a week’s worth of pages to stop myself making further changes or additions and spending more time than needed in putting this together (insha’Allah!). Click on the links for the PDF files insha’Allah. Don’t forget me in your du’a.